We’re moving up in the world. This month, we’re going to observe our expanding command of the Atlanta scene from on high — the Commerce Club. By special invitation, we’ll be meeting in their Olympic Lounge and Media Room, with spectacular views of downtown Atlanta from the 49th floor of the 191 Peachtree Tower. Come meet and mingle with your fellow entrepreneurs, hobnob with Atlanta’s business elite, and hoist a beer (or perhaps a martini) while surveying your rightful domain.
(For those who don’t know, the Commerce Club is one of Atlanta’s oldest and most prestigious clubs. Its members include many movers and shakers in the Atlanta business establishment. Founded over fifty years ago, the club moved in 2010 from their old digs to a brand new ultra-modern club atop the 191 Peachtree Tower.)
There will be a free slider bar, drink specials, and a prize drawing.
As always, we will start at 5pm, and will go until 9:00.
If you’re coming, please help us get the word out: tell your friends, tweet about @atlsuds, like us on Facebook, and sign up on Plancast.
See you there!
- April 3, 2012
- 5:00pm until 9:00 — drop in anytime
- The Commerce Club
- 191 Peachtree St. NE 49th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30303-1761
- The Commerce Club (or take Marta to the Peachtree Center Station)
- Two hours free parking in the building parking deck. Enter off Ellis Street or Peachtree Center Avenue.
- Dress Code
- Relaxed: No jackets or ties required. Jeans are okay, but not torn, please. No tank tops or flip-flops.
Startup Bus will be dropping by our March 6 event, enroute from Florida to SXSW. Think of them as Startup Weekend on wheels. Their goal: to create startup(s) from scratch on the bus, and launch them at SXSW.
That’s right: a busload of caffeine-soaked Floridians with a startup problem, making a beer stop in Atlanta. I imagine they’ll be thirsty. What could be more fun than that? And a great opportunity to hear what they’re hatching and to form some relationships beyond our fair city.
So, come one, come all! Let’s show those gator-lovers (or should that be Gator-lovers?) what the Atlanta startup scene is about.
For our March event, w’re going to return to another favorite place, 5 Seasons Westside. We’ll be in their rooftop room. I’m hoping the freakishly unseasonable weather holds out (minus the torrential downpours) so we can go outside on the deck.
As always, we will start at 5pm, and will go until 9:30ish.
If you’re coming, please help us get the word out: tell your friends, tweet about @atlsuds, and sign up on Plancast.
See you there!
- March 6, 2012
- 5:00pm until 9:30(ish) — drop in anytime
- 5 Seasons Westside. Please note: there are two other 5 Seasons locations!
- 5 Seasons Westside, 1000 Marietta Street, Atlanta GA 30318
- There is plenty of free parking in the rooftop parking deck. Enter just south of the restaurant, and drive up the ramp at the back.
- Use Google Maps
P.S. This is the March event, not the June one, as erroneously stated in a previous version of this post. Thanks, Wei Yang!